Friday, September 21, 2012

Tat-Along Lace Mat

I have also joined Jon Yusoff's call to the Tat-Along Lace Mat - original pattern by Norma Benporath. Jon has been very resourceful in creating visual with counts. Since I am going to tat with different colors in each round, I am not going to worry about continuous tatting using Split Rings and Split Chains. I found these beading needles called "Big Eye" beading needle. The middle part of the needle is like a thread looper and therefore, any size thread will go through it. Being a flexible piece of wire, when you sew in the ends, the needle bends, but it still does the job well. I completed row 1 and it definitely needed bursts of steam to make it lay flat. I did not spend a lot of time pinning it to bring it to the shape as it was late yesterday when I finished it and I was tired.

5 comments:

  1. You have perked my interest when you wrote that you plan to use a different colour in each round. Can't wait to see the next round.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, Sunela. The thread is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty thread! What color will you use next, I wonder?

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice work and good choice of color for this round. Can't wait to see what comes next!

    BTW I love using my big eye needles :)

    Melanie

    ReplyDelete